Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:19:25 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Marion Dobbs <catbird500@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:   Last day of Rusty Blackbird Blitz

Don’t forget that today wraps up the 2011 Rusty Blackbird Blitz. I actually found a dozen birds yesterday at the typical wet wooded habitat they favor, a site at the edge of a local marsh where they have been seen in years past. They are such skulkers, I hope there were more there. Today I will check a location where I observed then on the Floyd Co. CBC – a wet grassy area bordering open pasture – in company with hundreds of other blackbirds of various species. I’ll also look at a cattle yard where they’ve also frequently been seen in the past.

So don’t limit your thinking about where to look, and do devote a little birding time for a worthy purpose, gathering data on this declining species.

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/rubl-survey-2010

Your findings can be reported at eBird, and there is a special link on the “Date and effort” page for this purpose.

Marion M Dobbs Rome (Floyd County) GA http://www.mamomi.net http://mamomi.smugmug.com

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made, in a very narrow field." _Neils Bohr

You must be a subscriber to post to GABO-L. Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: http://www.gos.org/gabo.html. Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to gabo-l@listserv.uga.edu