Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:12:14 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mbaye Fall Diallo <mbayefall0481@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: What communalities and matrice to report ?

Hi dear all, Thanks again for all your comments. I agree with what Paul said.

@ Art : have a look on the following references for more details about why I used ESEM and oblique rotation :

Asparouhov, Tihomir and Muthén, Bengt (2009), 'Exploratory Structural Equation Modeling', Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal,16:3,397 — 438.

Sass, Daniel A. and Schmitt, Thomas A.(2010) 'A Comparative Investigation of Rotation Criteria Within Exploratory Factor Analysis', Multivariate Behavioral Research, 45: 1, 73 — 103.

Kristopher J. Preacher and Robert C. MacCallum (2003), Repairing Tom Swift’s Electric Factor Analysis Machine, UNDERSTANDING STATISTICS, 2(1), 13–43. See p.25-26.

Iacobucci, Dawn (ed.) (2001), Journal of Consumer Psychology’s Special Issue on Methodological and Statistical Concerns of the Experimental Behavioral Researcher, 10 (1&2), Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. See Factor Analysis, (See p.78).

Best,

Mbaye,

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:11:25 -0600 From: Paul.R.Swank@uth.tmc.edu Subject: Re: What communalities and matrice to report ? To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Also report the final communalities although they are different depending on whether you consider the correlation among factors or not. I usually reproduce the communalities associated with the pattern matrix but there is some disagreement as to whether the pattern or structure matrices are best. Be prepared to report both. Dr. Paul R. Swank, Professor and Director of ResearchChildren's Learning InstituteUniversity of Texas Health Science Center-Houston From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Mbaye Fall Diallo Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:03 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: What communalities and matrice to report ? Hi dear all, 1. I am using factor analysis (ML extraction). I would like to know what communality to report : initial or extraction ? 2. I used a Promax rotation. I would like to know what matrice to report : pattern matrix or structure matrix ?

Thanks in advance for your help. I would appreciate if you can provide some references.

Best,

Mbaye.

[text/html]