Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Feb 2011 14:28:22 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Swank, Paul R" <Paul.R.Swank@UTH.TMC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: datetime format in excel
Comments: To: Nat Wooding <nathani@VERIZON.NET>

I am running 9.2 but I'm afraid I don't understand the set test.'test$'n

Paul

Dr. Paul R. Swank, Professor and Director of Research Children's Learning Institute University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nat Wooding Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 1:26 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: datetime format in excel

Paul

Are you running 9.2 and if so, have you tried using the Excel Libname?

Here is a sample that I keep. In your case, you would need to use a datetime informat.

Nat

libname test 'c:\park\TestReadTime.xls' ; ; Data test; set test.'test$'n (sasdatefmt=( time ='time8.'));** this is needed to read a time value; run; libname test clear; run;

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Swank, Paul R Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 1:34 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: datetime format in excel

Thanks for the tip but it seems to have been the format defaulted to date rather than datetime.

Paul

Dr. Paul R. Swank, Professor and Director of Research Children's Learning Institute University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston

-----Original Message----- From: Arthur Tabachneck [mailto:art297@ROGERS.COM] Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2011 12:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Swank, Paul R Subject: Re: datetime format in excel

Paul,

Did you set the following options?:

USEDATE=YES; SCANTIME=YES;