Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main CONCH-L pageJoin or leave CONCH-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:52:45 -0500
Sender:       Conchologists List <CONCH-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Harry G. Lee" <hglee2@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Smooth Scotch Bonnet

Dear Jim,

Page one <http://www.jaxshells.org/022311.htm>, to which you can also link at the bottom of p. 2) is intended to answer your questions.

Range: NC to Uruguay for Semicassis granulata. The form cicatricosa has been reported from FL to Ceará, (NE) Brasil.

About one in a dozen of our Jax shells has a varix in addition to the labral one, but I don't recall seeing a corded shell.

Harry

At 11:07 AM 2/28/2011, you wrote: >Harry, > >Didn't get Page 1 in the link. What's the range >on these guys? We get the corded and double >varix ones here along with standard S. >granulatum. Actually, what are the distinguishing characteristics? > >Jim Brunner >On Feb 28, 2011, at 8:56 AM, Harry G. Lee wrote: > >>Dear Listers interested in western Atlantic gastropods, >> >>Bill Frank and I have put the finishing touches >>on an analysis of Semicassis granulata form >>cicatricosa at < http://www.jaxshells.org/022311a.htm>. >> >>Comments welcome. >> >>Harry

[text/html]