Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2011, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:42:01 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@ROGERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why we have SAS-L
Comments: To: Andy Bolton <AndrewBolton@HALIFAX.CO.UK>

Andy,

I agree with your comments but particularly wanted to respond to your closing statement, "On the otherhand, If you folk move on..."

To my knowledge, not one person who was originally on sas-l in 1986 is still on sas-l. When we folk move on there have always been others to take our place.

The goal of this thread was simply to discover as much as possible to ensure we've done what we can to ensure that continues to happen. There are numerous issues to consider (e.g., the need to ensure that a user controlled forum continues to exist, the need to ensure that a mechanism (like sasCommunity.org) exists to fill some voids that sas-l can't fill, the need to have sufficient input from SAS when appropriate and beneficial, the need to ensure that one can search the archives that amass over time, the need to have a way to identify the correct answers, etc., etc.