Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011)Back to main AGED-NORTH pageJoin or leave AGED-NORTH (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Mar 2011 07:57:59 -0500
Sender:       AgEd Teachers of North Georgia <AGED-NORTH@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stan Mitchell <smitchell@GAAGED.ORG>
Subject:      Perry show thank you letters

Good Morning North Region Teachers,

February is over. I want to take time to thank each one of you for your cooperation meeting the enrollment, proficiency, State Degree, National Chapter, and State Officer application deadlines while also celebrating FFA week and taking record numbers of students to Perry. ongratulations to all of our finalists and please ask for help if you need it preparing those applications for State competition. I know the numbness may not have worn off yet, but I want to remind you of Mr. Bridges' email and ask for your help one more time. If you took students to Perry, please try to help out with the request below. There were many legislators in Perry this year and they were all impressed with the dedication and committment of our teachers and students as well as the value the livestock programs adds to our program. A follow up thank you from these same students would be icing on the cake and a huge encouragement to their continued support of our program.

Thank you for your help and for all that you do. Mr. Bridges email is attached in case you lost it.

Stan

I really enjoyed getting see so many Ag. Teachers and FFA Members last week at the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show. One of the many highlights of the week (other than not being in Atlanta) was having the opportunity to visit with several Representatives of the House Ag. Committee as they were given a tour of the facilities. I can assure you that they were all very impressed with the activity, involvement, and skill at which you and your students displayed.Once again, it made me truly proud to be a part of such an awesome group of dedicated people in agricultural education. Driving home from that event, I was thinking of all the great compliments and positive remarks that was said about our students, our teachers, and the entire activity. Is there any way to make the impact event greater????? One idea that comes to mind requires your help -- so here is my attempt get the most out of the event.

1. Please have every student that participated in the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show write a "Thank-You" letter to your State Senator & State Representative. (Hand Written is best). Please make sure they include appreciation for supporting the Georgia National Fairgrounds - Agricenter in Perry, as well as Agricultural Education programs and activities. Have the students turn the letters in to you so that you can proof them and make sure they get mailed to the correct location.

2. Before mailing the Student Thank-You letters -- Please make a copy and send a copy of each letter to me. You can mail, fax, or scan & e-mail these -- I just need a copy so that I can share them with the leadership at the Georgia National Fair.

3. I would consider this "time-Sensative" -- so if I can have all copies to me no later than Tuesday - March 8, 2011 I will put them together in a binder and share them with the Georgia National Fair.

I realize not everyone was participating last week -- but if you have ever taken students to Georgia National Fair (horticulture display, forestry display, floral design contest, tractor driving, lawnmower driving, etc... You could have those students write a letter as well)

This is something that will not take a lot of time and students could complete during class -- So I hope we get outstanding participation in this request. (there were nearly 1000 FFA members showing in the State Livestock Show last week) -- but I really need your help to make it happen.

As Always, I appreciate the great work that you are doing. Never forget that YOU are so important. Each of you have a tremendous chance each day to make a positive difference in a students life. What you are doing right now can make a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

John (Chip) Bridges Program Manager, Agricultural Education Georgia Department of Education 1752 Twin Towers East Atlanta, GA 30334 Phone: 404.657.8311 Fax: 770.344.4411 email: jbridges@doe.k12.ga.us -- Stan Mitchell North Region Coordinator Agricultural Education 204 Four Towers University of Georgia Athens, Ga. 30602 706-552-4468 smitchell@gaaged.org

[text/html]