Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:43:52 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pam Potter <ppotter@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Bonaparte's gulls - Etowah Mound Sod & Soccer Fields- Bartow Co

Hi all! Was riding around checking out places for fall outs this afternoon. Best sighting today was about 20 Bonaparte's gulls in a rain pool on the Etowah Mound sod farm nearly directly across from the soccer field parking lot. Quite a few in their 1st yr plummage. The only time I saw a Bonaparte's was in Alaska last yr.

I may have seen the long billed dowitcher along with a killdeer and Canada goose in a pool near the river still on the sod farm which Mark reported but I'm not claiming it :*(

Also did a quick run up to Taff and Brandon Farm Rds where there wasn't much going on. Saw 2 mallards on the far side of the big pond and there were about 6 smaller ducks too but no ID. There were, however, 100+ swallows. Most were tree swallows, but I did get a glimpse of some orange for barn swallows.

BTW the fields on Fite Bend Rd in Gordon Co I reported for last Friday are canola plants not mustard. It was still awesome.

Pam Potter White, GA Barotw Co

You must be a subscriber to post to GABO-L. Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: http://www.gos.org/gabo.html.  Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to gabo-l@listserv.uga.edu