Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:09:47 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   James Fleullan <jrfleullan@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   FOY Bibb/Twiggs County birds

GABO folks,

I jaunted out to Brown's Mount and Bond Swamp NWR to look for neotropic migrants with Ivelisse and Joy Brown. Up on the mount we heard and saw several dozen Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and Black-and-white Warblers. We also came across a fair amount of White-eyed Vireos. At the overlook we observed at least two FOY Chimney Swifts. Has anyone else seen these guys yet this year? Other than that we didn't find anything too unusual.

We had a much better turn out at Bond Swamp (Stone Creek Trail). We tallied 7 warbler species including FOY Louisiana Waterthrush (2) in full song. Other warbler species include Yellow-rumped, Orange-crowned, (Western) Palm, Common Yellowthroat, Northen Parula, and Pine Warbler. We failed to see but heard a couple of Yellow-throated Vireos. Also FOY.

I did gain a lifer........butterfly. A Gemmed Satyr. Sorry folks no camera to document my lifer.

Hope you all had a good birding day. Can't wait to see what shows up after the storm today and tomorrow.

James Fleullan Macon (Bibb Co.)

You must be a subscriber to post to GABO-L. Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: http://www.gos.org/gabo.html.  Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to gabo-l@listserv.uga.edu