Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Mar 2011 06:03:46 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Marso <david.marso@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Obtaining a matched control group

"I have tried applying the script in one of the answers on this forum: " Please help others help you! Which script? There is initial reference to a rather sad piece of code http://www.spsstools.net/Syntax/RandomSampling/findRandomPairsOfCasesWithSameCharacteristics.txt Then Syntax by Albert-Jan Roskam and an SPSS extension "CASECTRL" What have you tried? What errors do you receive? "I can not get it working at all. " Is not that informative.

Ivana wrote: > > Hi everyone > > I desperately need help with generating a matched control group through > SPSS(16). I have 1269 records of individuals with learning disability. 142 > of these have a mental health problem (mhprob=1). The control group needs > to be generated from the rest of the cases who do not have a mental health > problem (mhprob=0) on 1:1 basis. The matching parameters are age, sex and > a score (ABCTOT) which indicates the ability of the individuals to > function independently (expressed as a percentage). I have tried applying > the script in one of the answers on this forum: > > http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/Sampling-question-How-to-draw-a-matched-control-group-td1086666.html > > I cannot get it working at all. Please have in mind I am not much of an > SPSS expert when it comes down to programming and scripts. > > Many thanks > > Ivana >