Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:33:12 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Flom <peterflomconsulting@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: FW: UltraEdit v17.00 released, and more...
Comments: To: Steve James <spj1@CDC.GOV>

UltraEdit sounds pretty nice

Right now I am still using the enhanced editor, and using notepad++ for R, but looking into RStudio. But that seems kind of busy for me.

I want to check if UE has tools for R. Would be nice to use same editor for both languages

Peter Flom Peter Flom Consulting http://www.statisticalanalysisconsulting.com/ http://www.IAmLearningDisabled.com

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Steve James Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:29 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: FW: UltraEdit v17.00 released, and more...

One thing that i find quite helpful with UltraEdit is the regular expression find/replace - now with automatic help in generating the syntax. That can save you a lot of time plus it's pretty cool. You could amaze your boss with that one. The other is Find/Replace in files - saves me from having to remember where I stored things.

My attitude is the morale boost alone from giving you the software would pay for itself. I would hate to have to do my job without it.

Steve