Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:50:21 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Lee <a.lee.crayton@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   counting events before and after specified date

Hello,

I am trying to count the number of events that occurred before and after specified dates (in this case, the number of arrests before and after a period of incarceration). I have date variables (both in YRMODA and MM/DD/YY format) for all arrests (ARRDATE.1 to ARRDATE.98 - the number of arrest records vary from case to case) as well as prison admission (ORGADDATE) and release (RELDATE). I know how to count the total number of arrests, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to put the condition in (that is, if the arrest occurred before or after incarceration). I'm assuming this is quite simple; however, I would greatly appreciate any direction folks could provide.

Thanks, Lee