Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2011, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:59:53 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Trish Bous <tboussard@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      barletts test

Hi All,

I was looking for some help to test changes in variance.

I have a hospital rates for a disease over 5 years. I want to see if the variance over time is decreasing.

If I had 2 years I would use a ttest and look at the ftest.

However, as I am looking over several years, I am using a GLM, i am using the HOVTEST, which just tells me that the variances are different. Is there a way to see if there is a decreasing trend in the variances?

Thanks for the help!

proc glm data = tmp; class year; model spp_rate = year; means year / hovtest welch; run; quit;