Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 May 2011 08:24:23 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:      Re: R modul
Comments: To: John Test <tt@STARMEDIX.DE>

That message is probably due to not selecting and running the entire program. It is an SPSS error message that indicates that the command was interpreted as an SPSS command rather than R syntax,

Select the block including the begin and end program statements and click run (or use ctrl-r).

Watch the status bar to see what state SPSS is in.

HTH,

Jon Peck Senior Software Engineer, IBM peck@us.ibm.com new phone: 720-342-5621

From: John Test <tt@STARMEDIX.DE> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 05/15/2011 05:53 PM Subject: [SPSSX-L] R modul Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

hi! Does anyone else has also problems to get the R plug-in running? I've installed the newest SPSS19 version including the fix1 (19.0.0.1). Furthermore, the newest R-plug-in from the developerworks website and R version 2.10.0. When I run the menu item: R Boxplot startr.exe is started, but nothing happens. Running this simple routine:

BEGIN PROGRAM R. print("test") END PROGRAM.

results in an error message: line2 print: An unexpected symbol was encountered on an output command.

I've installed SPSS and plug-ins on two different computers, first server2008 R2, second windows 7 professional 32bit desktop system. Both systems reveal the same behaviour, therefore I would exclude some problems with the special machine.

Any idea???? THANKS!!!