Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 2011 01:30:20 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         pmulonge <p.mulongeni@namibia.pharmaccess.org>
Subject:      Re: Changing stacked bar chart to "Scale to 100%"

Thank you for the answers, but let me clarify my concern: I have used the scale to 100% feature in the GUI (when you click on the figure and then edit). But the proportions in each bar are just wrong. Let me explain: I did the cross tab between two variables BP and 'High blood pressure'? When I look at the crosstab notice the distribution of BP given the answer YES is 41.7 (normal) 29.2% (elevated) and 29.1% (high). Now I also have the bar graph between these same two variables, scaled to 100%. When I look at the stacked bar under YES I clearly see the proportions are different here for normal, elevated and high, they are what is in the crosstab. Clearly something is wrong with they way graph treats the variables, even though it adds up to 100%. I hope this is clear and if anyone can help me put what I see in a crosstab onto a stacked bar graph, I will really appreciate it.