Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:22:06 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: problems with locks on stored macros

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Svend posted the following:

> I'm trying to set up some macros that will be shared by a dozen reports > on SAS/IntrNet. > > A few minutes ago, it seemed like I was home free, as I had several > reports invoking the same macro. Now, without making any changes (the > only thing I did was compile and save a second macro to the same > location), I'm getting this error: > > ERROR: A lock is not available for DVMACROS.SASMACR.CATALOG, lock held > by another process. > ERROR: A lock is not available for DVMACROS.SASMACR.CATALOG, lock held > by another process. > ERROR: The SAS System was unable to open the macro library referenced > by > the SASMSTORE = libref DVMACROS. > WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro DUMMY_REPORT not resolved. > > Any idea why this might be happening? > Svend, maybe the SAS/IntrNet appserver is the "other process" that has the catalog locked. I would bet that the appstart.sas program for your application allocates that catalog and hence it is tightly held by your appserver. Try this:

1. Stop your appserver. 2. Compile your macros. 3. Restart your appserver.

That might do the trick! If not, let us know and we can go to Plan B... whatever that is:-(

Svend, best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com

SAS Press Author Page: http://support.sas.com/publishing/authors/raithel.html