Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:18:39 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Read Allen <peakstat@WISPERTEL.NET>
Subject:      Re: PROC SUMMARY calculating _TYPE_.
Comments: To: "Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>

Check out Frank Ferriola's paper on this topic...

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi27/p077-27.pdf

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Data _null_; Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: PROC SUMMARY calculating _TYPE_.

Say for

CLASS A B C D E F G;

How would YOU determine the value of _TYPE_ for the B*D*G conbinations.

I know TYPES B*D*G; will output the records of interest but I want to know how YOU would calculate _TYPE_.