Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:04:37 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Steve Holzman <steve.holzman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Ebird addendum

Krista G. pointed out a tip she heard from the master. After you submit a checklist, on the review page on the lower right is a "Hide" button. This button could be useful if you did not have documentation for a rare bird sighting. This way the observation stays on your list but is not forwarded to the e-bird reviewer for the state in question. This saves everyone time. If it's not a 'rare' species or is not flagged for some other reason, it's probably fine to leave it in, but if you see that it'll go to a reviewer and you know you can't really justify the sighting to someone that doesn't know what an awesome birder you are....feel free to 'hide'.

BTW, I discovered that I actually have county lists. Ebird does it for me. I just tell it where I was when I saw the bird and it'll figure out the county for me. You can even output your data into a spreadsheet with xy coordinates. Damn....I sound like Joel know. Once again, late to the party, but this ebird thing seems kinda cool.

-- Steve Holzman, North High Shoals, GA

You must be a subscriber to post to GABO-L. Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: http://www.gos.org/gabo.html.  Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to gabo-l@listserv.uga.edu