Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:39:08 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ariel Barak <abarakabarak@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Thread for Spss 19.0 quirks?
Comments:   To: "Parise, Carol A." <PariseC@sutterhealth.org>

Hi Carol,

I can't speak to the issues you've listed, but have you installed the updates and fixes to SPSS 19.0? See the link below.

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Recommended_fix/Software/Information_Management/SPSS_Statistics

You should install SPSS Statistics 19.0 Fix Pack 1 and then install SPSS Statistics 19.0 Fix Pack 1 Interim Fix 3. The second of the files above was released 4/15/2011. After that, let the list know whether you're having the same issues.

Hope this helps, Ariel

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Parise, Carol A. <PariseC@sutterhealth.org> wrote: > > Can someone point me to a thread that may contain any strange quirks in SPSS 19.0. and potential fixes. > > So far, i've found these: > > 1) Processing time - A simple frequency table with 1000 cases has a delay in processing. I quiver to think what is going to happen when i try to run a mixed model with 14,000 cases > > 2) Print preview - some charts don't show up in print preview or can't be printed in SPSS. i had to export them to Word. > > > There may be others that i haven't discovered yet but since I am late to the party on upgrading I suspect that these issues have been discussed previously and i ignored them. My search of the archives has not found these issues. > > Thank you. > > Carol > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD