Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:15:17 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         R B <ryan.andrew.black@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Mixed or GLM procedures
Comments: To: "Reddy, Colin" <creddy@uj.ac.za>

Colin,

It would help if you posted (1) your research questions, (2) study design, (3) an illustration of your dataset, and (4) syntax.

Ryan

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Reddy, Colin <creddy@uj.ac.za> wrote: > I am analysing fixed effects for country data over a number of years. I have > 3 independent variables for which I also wish to generate all interaction > terms aside from direct effects terms. > > > > I attempted both MiXED and GLM repeated procedures on SPSS 18 choosing the > factorial option (I also tried the interaction and 3-way option) but in the > output I only see direct effects coefficients and not the 2-way and > three-way terms and co-efficients. Will appreciate assistance around this. > > > > Also does the MIXED procure automatically generate dummies for the countries > or do I have to do this using RECODE and input these as factors.? > > > > Colin > > ________________________________ > This email and all contents are subject to the following disclaimer: > > http://disclaimer.uj.ac.za >