Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:45:48 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   John F Hall <johnfhall@orange.fr>
Subject:   Google chrome allows opening of SPSS files direct from website
Comments:   To: Bruce Weaver <bweaver@lakeheadu.ca>

Quite by accident, whilst updating my website via Weebly and simultaneously checking links via both Google and Google Chrome, I noticed in Chrome a large arrow descending to bottom left of the screen and leaving box(es) containing the name(s) of downloaded file(s) including SPSS *.sav files. Clicking on one of these this opened the SPSS file, even when SPSS was not currently open. I checked and double-checked (closing and reopening everything, including Google and Google Chrome) to make sure I wasn't dreaming, but it works!

This means that (in Chrome only) users can now download and open SPSS files in one step, without having to copy and save them. This is wonderful for me as I don't now have to explain the steps need to access my files (and for users who no longer need to fiddle about to open them).

Now how do I get rid of the irritating Google ads?

John F Hall

<mailto:johnfhall@orange.fr> johnfhall@orange.fr

<http://surveyresearch.weebly.com/> www.surveyresearch.weebly.com

[text/html]