Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:57:05 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:      Re: Matching/propensity scores for 3 groups
Comments: To: Dale Glaser <glaserconsult@sbcglobal.net>

Could you elaborate on what you mean by matching on three groups? Why couldn't you compute the propensity scores based on all the relevent variables and then match on those scores using your macro or the FUZZY extension command?

Jon Peck Senior Software Engineer, IBM peck@us.ibm.com new phone: 720-342-5621

From: Dale Glaser <glaserconsult@sbcglobal.net> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 07/07/2011 01:04 PM Subject: [SPSSX-L] Matching/propensity scores for 3 groups Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Greetings.......I have used the SPSS macro (that I believe is discussed in an article in Behavior Research and Methods) that uses propensity scores (via binary logisitic regression) for matching two groups; however, I am currently on a study that necessitates matching on three groups. So I was curious what any of you have done for matching three groups using SPSS (I will be matching on sex, Length of stay, and # of comorbidities)? Do you think it would be problematic to use propensity scores from a multinomial logistic regression (and insert such in the macro?). Or will that just give me two sets of propensity scores (e.g., grp 1 vs grp 2; grp 1 vs grp 3, etc.)?

Otherwise, I do have Stata but have not used it for matching purposes.......if SPSS is not equipped for 3 group matching, do you know if Stata has a package that does such?

thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.....dale

Dale Glaser, Ph.D. Principal--Glaser Consulting Lecturer/Adjunct Faculty--SDSU/USD/Alliant 3115 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 phone: 619-220-0602 fax: 619-220-0412 email: glaserconsult@sbcglobal.net website: www.glaserconsult.com

[text/html]