Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:57:34 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         PerryGrossman <perrygrossman2008@gmail.com>
Subject:      saving SPSS files to existing folders

I have a problem of SPSS saving files in a folder where another recently opened file is stored. Is there anyway to fix that setting?

I know that I can set a default folder in the options, but but it just picks one folder. I want it to work like MS office, where each file defaults to save in the folder where it was last saved.

It gets very difficult to find files again and maintain version control when they get resaved in different folders.

Perry