Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2011 02:16:19 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Søren Lassen <s.lassen@POST.TELE.DK>
Subject:      Re: Getting output from one data set using vars listed in another
Comments: To: Eduardo Galvan <egalvan@ISR.UMICH.EDU>

Eduardo, The simplest solution is probably to use SQL to generate an SQL statement, e.g.: /* Sample variable name list */ data vars; input varname $; cards; N001 N002 N023 ;run;

/* sample data */ data data; array N0(*) 8 N001 N002 N023; do j=1 to 200; do i=1 to dim(n0); n0(i)=ceil(ranuni(0)*5); end; output; end; keep N0:; run;

proc sql noprint; /* Create statement to create statistics table */ select catx(' ','select distinct', quote(trim(varname)),'as name,', varname,'as value,' 'count(*) as N from data group by',varname) into:stmt separated by ' union ' from vars; /* create statistics table */ create table want as &stmt; quit;

Regards, Søren