Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2011, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:04:13 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andy Arnold <awasas@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Clarify a Couple of SAS Buffer Questions

True...The problem may be someplace other than IO. The same large dataset is read by Proc SQL in a different job and that step takes a bit more than 2 hours to run. The SQL is a simple count with group-by on 7 fields; it returns about 1 record for every 1000 input records. I don't know if basic IO and SQL IO are radically different.

I have some stats from a run with no bufno and with bufno=100. There is no significant difference between them. I've started another run with bufno=1000 and with OBS=half-the-file. I'll post all the results this afternoon.

--Andy Arnold