Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011)Back to main GRAD-SCHOOL pageJoin or leave GRAD-SCHOOL (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:38:40 +0000
Sender:       Graduate School <GRAD-SCHOOL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         UGA Graduate School <grad-sch@UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Interdiscuplinary Conference on Pop Culture - Call for Abstracts

Interdisciplinary Conference on Pop Culture UGA Philosophy October 29, 2011

Call for Abstracts: On October 29, 2011, the UGA Philosophy Department will host an interdisciplinary conference on pop culture. We encourage faculty and grad students from across all disciplines to submit abstracts for the conference. Show how your research is inspired by and is clearly demonstrated in a variety of mediums, such as literature, film, music, and other forms of visual art. We intend for the conference to be a multimedia affair. So in addition to presenting your papers, think about how you can use musical pieces, film clips, slides, and whatever else to illustrate your findings and ideas. All topics are welcome. Submit an abstract no longer than 300 words by Oct. 1 and be prepared to make your papers available to us by Oct. 18. Presentations should last roughly 20-30 minutes and will be followed by a brief Q&A session. In your abstracts, specify what your technological needs will be, so we can best accommodate your talk. Abstracts and papers should be sent to ljo@uga.edu<mailto:ljo@uga.edu> Also, feel free to send on any questions you may have. We intend for this to be a UGA affair; however, collaborations with artists and musicians from the Athens community are highly encouraged!

Please contact Luke Johnson, ljo@uga.edu<mailto:ljo@uga.edu>, with any questions.

The Graduate School The University of Georgia 320 E. Clayton Street, Suite 400 Athens, GA 30602-4401 http://www.grad.uga.edu

This message was sent by staff in the UGA Graduate School to all graduate students who have registration eligibility. This is for official communication only. This listserv does not accept replies. Please contact the person identified in the message if you have questions.

[text/html]