Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:55:18 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Stone, Eric" <estone@wfu.edu>
Subject:      Re: problems with cut and paste in version 19
Comments: To: Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>

My apologies for the lack of specificity.

I am using Windows 7 on a Lenova thinkpad, using the 32-bit version. From what I have seen, however, the problem seems to be more general than just with my specifications, and seems to be affecting all version 19 users.

At any rate, the difficulty I am having is with cutting and pasting within the data editor. I copy a few cells in spss and try to copy those values into other cells, but it refuses to copy.

In my situation, it is not copying, but I have read about spss changing values as well when pasting, similar to what Andrés mentioned.

I have read some testimonies about Patch 19.0.1 not working, but I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

-- Eric

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu> wrote:

> ** > Oh!! I wasn't spcific enough either! What specific OS? Version 19, i > understand but 32 or 64 bit? And there might be a few more subtleties, too. > > ------------------------------ > *From:* SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] *On Behalf > Of *Stone, Eric > *Sent:* Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:19 PM > *To:* SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > *Subject:* problems with cut and paste in version 19 > > About 6 months ago, there was some discussion on the listserv about > problems with cut and paste in version 19, but it doesn't look like there > were any solutions. > > Now that version 19 has been out longer, I was hoping there was some > solution that spss has come up with that someone on the list knows about. > It's hard to imagine that the program doesn't support such a simple and > common function. > > Thanks, > Eric > > Eric Stone > Department of Psychology > Wake Forest University > estone@wfu.edu > > >

[text/html]