Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:14:04 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:      Re: OMS

1) The Data Management book is readily available on the SPSS Community site, which is not at all infernal. Just go to www.ibm.com/developerworks/spssdevcentral and look in the Books and Articles section. That isn't difficult.

2) There is a lot of material in the Help system about OMS - both in the Syntax Reference and in the help for the OMS Control Panel.

Jon Peck (no "h") Senior Software Engineer, IBM peck@us.ibm.com new phone: 720-342-5621

From: Bruce Weaver <bruce.weaver@hotmail.com> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 09/08/2011 08:31 AM Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] OMS Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

OMS allows you to direct output that would ordinarily appear in the output viewer to a file of some sort (e.g., to a data file, or text file, etc). IIRC, Raynald's book has a chapter on OMS. Unfortunately, the links to download it on Ray's site no longer work, and you end up on that infernal IBM site.

http://www.spsstools.net/spss_programming.htm

HTH.

Salbod, Mr. Stephen wrote: > > Good morning, from NYC, > > Please forgive me, if this question seems naive: What does the OMS > procedure in Utilities do? > > I've just got a request to interpret a syntax file that begins with an > OMS command. I've got the OMS chapter from the user's guide, but, I'm > still not clear what OMS does. Any help will be appreciated. > > TIA. > > Stephen Salbod, Pace University, NYC >

----- -- Bruce Weaver bweaver@lakeheadu.ca http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/

"When all else fails, RTFM."

NOTE: My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.