Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Sep 2011 16:04:05 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Problems while installing and configuring SAS 9.2 Web Report
              Studio
Comments: To: Jim Groeneveld <jim.1stat@yahoo.com>

Here are the claims of the Port Explorer marketeers:

See which ports belong to which programs! Port Explorer shows you all the open ports <http://www.sharewareconnection.com/diamondcs-port-explorer.htm#> on your system and what programs own them (called Port to Process mapping). Along with this ability it also has many tools including a packet sniffer, bandwidth throttling and country detection to name just a few. Port Explorer has an intuitive GUI that allows you to quickly see all your network activity, and thanks to its ease of use is allowing people everywhere to do advanced network activities. Providing unprecedented viewing and control over the sockets on your Microsoft Windows system, the data traffic going through it, and the computers that are connected to it, Port Explorer is a completely unique and powerful program that goes where few others can. In this day and age where system security<http://www.sharewareconnection.com/diamondcs-port-explorer.htm#> means everything on the Internet, Port Explorer is a program you can't afford to be without. Designed for 32-bit Microsoft Windows systems, Port Explorer supports Windows 95, 98, 98 SE, ME, NT4, 2K, and XP, and also has a built-in dynamic language support system (supported languages include English, Dutch, French, Swedish, and Portuguese). Port Explorer gives you the ability to see all sockets that are open, and shows the state these are in, be it established and sending or receiving data, listening, or closing. Port Explorer also gives the great ability to control these sockets - by allowing the user to spy on any or all sockets owned by a process, and to block sending or receiving of any or all sockets. A user could block data sending by a suspicious socket - yet still see what data is coming in by spying on this socket. Port Explorer also includes new detection for trojans<http://www.sharewareconnection.com/diamondcs-port-explorer.htm#>, by showing hidden sockets in red. This technology was developed for the upcoming DiamondCS TDS-4 Professional trojan scanner<http://www.sharewareconnection.com/diamondcs-port-explorer.htm#> .