Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:37:05 +0000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS 9.3 notes
Comments:   To: Ron Fehd <rjf2@cdc.gov>

Ron... Not so fast... I see it as a half solution to the problem. Ussually when you want to know the number of obs in a data set it is a decision point in a macro. The &SysNobs is only valid if it is the last data set sas used. What we really need imho.. is a function that retrieves it for us possibly with a few options to specify logically deleted obs or not.

Toby Dunn

If you get thrown from a horse, you have to get up and get back on, unless you landed on a cactus; then you have to roll around and scream in pain. “Any idiot can face a crisis—it’s day to day living that wears you out” ~ Anton Chekhov