Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2011, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:05:06 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary Rosenbloom <mary.rosenbloom.sas@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      sum(of card: ) this works but I can't find documentation for it

Hi all,

I have several variables, all having the prefix "CARD", and all having values of 1 or missing. I want to create one more variable, "not answered" which will take the value of 1 if none of the other variables have a value.

I decided to try this code, and it worked, but I can't find a reference for it anywhere:

data try2; set try1;

if sum(of card:) eq 0 then notanswered=1; run;

Does anyone know of an example of this in the docs? I am a little hesitant to use this, since I can't turn on some analog of MPRINT to "see" what is going on behind the scenes.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Mary R.