Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:58:06 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John F Hall <johnfhall@orange.fr>
Subject:      Re: Some advice on SPSS sample selections
Comments: To: stace swayne <jladyl@yahoo.com>

Stace

I'm not a statistician and can't really help you on this, so am copying this reply to the list where you will get better advice. However, you need to give much more detail. Also, have you thought about the SRMS section of the ASA?

John F Hall

<mailto:johnfhall@orange.fr> johnfhall@orange.fr

<http://surveyresearch.weebly.com/> www.surveyresearch.weebly.com

From: stace swayne [mailto:jladyl@yahoo.com] Sent: 04 October 2011 15:08 To: John F Hall Subject: Some advice on SPSS sample selections

Dear John,

I need some guidance on what type of syntax I need in order to do the following:

In my study there will be 400 subjects, 200 in a control group and 200 in a treatment group (people who will receive specialized job training).

My colleagues have recruited people who fall into three categories (1) recently unemployed six months or less, (2) unemployed for 12 months and (3) unemployed for greater than 12 months.

Members of my group are interested in having different proportions of the people who fall into the aforementioned categories represented in the treatment group. For example, 20 percent should come from the recently unemployed or 30 percent from the unemployed for greater than 12 months category etc.

Can you give me some advice on how to do this via syntax?

Thank you,

Stace

[text/html]