Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:05:03 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Friedman <harrypotterdhf@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Collapsing Date Intervals

Thanks, Jack. The only thing is I think your code would include a "gap" if there was no overlap. For example, I added an additional input record for #3 2/6/11-2/20/11. Since it doesn't overlap and there is a Gap from 1/16/11-2/6/11, I won't want to close the Gap. The output for #3 would have the same two records as the input since there is a Gap and no overlap.

Input:

id # start date stop date ---- ---------- ---------- 1 1/1/11 1/30/11 1 1/3/11 2/3/11 2 2/1/11 2/15/11 2 2/3/11 2/5/11 3 1/5/11 1/16/11 3 2/6/11 2/20/11

Desired output:

id # start date stop date ---- ---------- ---------- 1 1/1/11 2/3/11 2 2/1/11 2/15/11 3 1/5/11 1/16/11 3 2/6/11 2/20/11