Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:44:08 -0800
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   David Marso <david.marso@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: export big tables to excel (xlsx)

I was thinking along these same lines except I would use tab delimited in case there are string fields with embedded commas. --

Gene Maguin wrote: > > Probably others know much more but wouldn't a slightly simpler scheme be > to > save (Save Translate) the data file as comma delimited text and import > that > into excel? > > Gene Maguin > > -----Original Message----- > From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@.UGA] On Behalf Of > Michaela Stubbers > Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 9:36 AM > To: SPSSX-L@.UGA > Subject: export big tables to excel (xlsx) > > Dear, > > We are working with very large tables (more than 256 columns) that need to > be exported to excel. We were hoping version 20 of SPSS could deal with > this > and would include an export option to .xlsx. As this is not the case we > are > looking for another solution. > > Currently we export to html,then copy and paste manually into excel. As we > are not aware of any process to automate this task and because of course > the > tables are very big this seems like a waste of time and can get very > frustrating. > > Anyone out there that knows of a more efficient workaround for this? > > Thanks, > michaëla > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@.UGA (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@.UGA (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD >