Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Dec 2011 16:50:27 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Helena Wood <monkeywood@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      new Chattahoochee Bend State Park in Coweta County

I was exploring DNR's website when I noticed that a new state park has opened (July 1, 2011). DeLorme pg. 25, F-7, on the big loop on the river.

I birded for few drizzly hours today and did not get any exciting birds, just the usual suspects for winter, but the habitat looks great. There are several areas on the road approaching the park that had a lot of sparrows and I did get lots of Chipping, Song, etc. A 5-mile trail hugs the river and shows a lot of promise and another trail I didn't explore. The park is so new, it doesn't look done yet.

The park's website is: [1]http://www.gastateparks.org/ChattahoocheeBend

Note, this is not the River Bend Park in Chattahoochee County.

Helena Wood Atlanta Fulton County