Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:21:53 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         NHR <noahermesh@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Can I compare two within-subjects' dependent variables while
              holding co-variates?

Hi, Thanks a lot for your replay.

My dependent variables are PTSD measures. I have 3 sub-scales and one total measure. These 4 measures refer to two different events, so each participant has 8 measures (4 for every event - 4 couples).

I wanted to compare, for example the degree of avoidance symptoms between event 1 and 2, and so on, regarding each couple. Each participant has 2 marks/grads, for each measure - one for every event. But, than I wand to hold as co-variates the time duration that passed since each event. I wanted to do that cause there is a significant difference between the time duration that passed between the two events. While doing an ANOVA or MANOVA, the two co-variates (duration since each event) influence the two dependent variables, and that is no good. I thinks there is no point in holding as co-variate the duration since event 1 while looking at the symptomolgy after event 2. So, I was wondering how can I compare my dependent variables in a better way?

The participants were all volunteers, who agreed to participate in a web-survey.

I hope my answers are clear. Please let me know if not, and I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it, NHR