Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:46:48 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Suzanne Decker <suzanne.decker@YALE.EDU>
Subject:      test for homogeneity of regression for stepdown F in doubly
              multivariate ANOVA

I am working on a dataset that has data on client variables across two assessment types and four time points under 3 experimental conditions. With the help of a statistician, our team ran a doubly multivariate ANOVA to examine changes in a group of client variables across time, across assessment types, and across experimental conditions. We obtained the omnibus results as well as both univariate and stepdown F tests.

Tabachnick & Fidell's text (5th ed) suggests reporting the stepdown because the DVs are correlated. The text also says I should test for homogeneity of regression, and gives an example of the syntax needed for a multivariate test. However, does anyone know how the setup would be done for a doubly multivariate test like the one we used? I have tried adapting the syntax provided - no luck. Thanks, Suzanne