Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Dec 2011 00:52:09 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         drbk <drbenkoh@gmail.com>
Subject:      Data Transformation on SPSS

Hi all,

Apologies for double posting. I am new at this and not sure if old threads of discussions are still monitored.

I need some advice on data transformation on SPSS.

Specifically:

1. The Box-cox transformation is now available on version 20 SPSS Premium. How do we find out what Lamda was used in the transformation?

2. On older versions of SPSS how does one go about writing a script/ Macro to do the Box-Cox transformation?

3. Does anyone know how to do other transformation besides Box-Cox on SPSS (either automated or via a Macro script): e.g. Atksinson's score test (1973) for transforming responses and Box and Tidwell (1962) for transforming predictors?

Ref: Atkinson, A. C. (1973) Testing transformations to normality. J. R. Statist. Soc. B, 35, 473–479. Box, G.E.P. and Tidwell, P.W. (1962) Transformations of the independent variables. Technometrics 4 531-550.

Thanks! Ben