Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:34:54 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Subhadra Srigiriraju <subhadrasri@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: XML code appears instead of opening an Excel file
Comments: To: Bolotin Yevgeniy <YBolotin@schools.nyc.gov>

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked "File Types" and default program associated with XML. We all have same types "XML Editor" associated with it. Though they changed it to "Excel", it is not making any difference.

I created these files in XML and linked them via HTML report . A link is proivded on the report, using "Title" Statment in SAS, which says "View in Excel" and by clicking on which an Excel file is opened. This is an XML file created by ExcelXP tagsets. If they save the file and open it using Excel they can, but not directly by clicking on it. They were able to view these files without any issues until last month.

As Joe suggested, i sent an email to SAS Support too regarding the same as IT guys in my company couldn't figure out what the issue is.

Regards, Subhadra