Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 03:19:30 +0000
Sender: Graduate School <GRAD-SCHOOL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: UGA Graduate School <grad-sch@UGA.EDU>
Subject: Summer Internship with Freshman College
The Division of Academic Enhancement
Graduate Internship — Summer 2012
The Freshman College will offer a paid graduate internship beginning in mid-May and ending August 8, 2012. During the program evening and weekend work will be required. This experience will expose a graduate intern to a learning community administered within academic affairs, while providing the opportunity to collaborate with student affairs. The Freshman College gives regularly admitted first-year students the chance to experience the University of Georgia prior to the beginning of their first fall semester. Participants enroll in six semester hours and attend activities and events organized by program staff.
The primary focus of this internship will be assisting the Coordinator during the planning and implementation of Freshman College. This internship is also an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge about administrative roles within an academic support unit and to become familiar with services provided to students on the University of Georgia campus. Detailed information about the Freshman College can be found at our website (http://freshmancollege.uga.edu<http://freshmancollege.uga.edu/>).
Specific Internship Responsibilities
* Attend and participate in all Freshman College planning meetings.
* Assist with the handling of administrative duties for the duration of the internship.
* Coordinate with various departments on campus to organize activities and events for the program.
* Develop “Beyond Class” program offerings for the current Freshman College.
* Cultivate one-on-one relationships with program participants.
* Provide feedback at the end of the Freshman College and make recommendations for the future planning and implementation of the program.
Submit a brief cover letter and recent resume through mail or email by Friday, January 27, 2012 to:
Coordinator of First Year Programs
Division of Academic Enhancement
236 Milledge Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602
The Graduate School
The University of Georgia
320 E. Clayton Street, Suite 400
Athens, GA 30602-4401
This message was sent by staff in the UGA Graduate School to all graduate students who have registration eligibility. This is for official communication only. This listserv does not accept replies. Please contact the person identified in the message if you have questions.