Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:46:42 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         help ly <help.ly2005@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      extract information from File name?

Hi Everyone,

I am reading lots of files in SAS, such as: corp1.csv corp2.csv corp3.csv corp4.csv ............

filename Files '/srf/*.txt'; data out.Data; infile Files......;

I will need get the Company name from the individual file name, and insert a column in each data set after reading the txt file. For example, after Data from corp1.csv is read, I would like to add a variable CompanyName as "corp1".

Is there an efficient way to extract that part of information from each individual File name while reading the whole set?

-- Thanks so much!

Orange help.ly2005@gmail.com