Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:46:39 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bruce Weaver <bruce.weaver@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Simulation with SPSS

Please provide more information.

1. Is it a two-group (or more) pre-post design?

2. What kind of analysis are you intending to do? ANCOVA?

3. It's not clear what you mean when you say "the means of the tests are not significant". If you are doing ANCOVA, do you mean the F-test for Group should not be statistically significant?

4. What are the sample sizes? (The answer to this has a bearing on Q3, assuming you did mean you want the F-test for group to be non-significant.)

5. What is the correlation between pre- and post-test scores?

The following links might be useful:

http://www.uvm.edu/~dhowell/StatPages/More_Stuff/CorrData.SPS

https://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/Home/statistics/files/Two%20correlated%20samples%20macro.sps?attredirects=0&d=1

HTH.

Humphrey Paulie wrote > > Dear colleagues, > I want to simulate data with SPSS. I want to have a dataset on a test > (pre-test and post-test) in such a way that the means of the tests are not > significant. I don't know the exactly where and which icons are for > simulation in SPSS. Do I need syntax for this? I'd be thankful if you give > me the syntax if syntax is required. > Regards > Humphrey > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@.UGA (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD >

----- -- Bruce Weaver bweaver@lakeheadu.ca http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/

"When all else fails, RTFM."

NOTE: My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.