Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:00:08 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Pardee, Roy" <pardee.r@GHC.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Anybody got a %commify macro?
Comments: To: "Data _null_;" <iebupdte@gmail.com>

No, thank you--just individual var names. I'm willing to endure the barf that specifying nonexistant vars would bring.

Roy Pardee | DATA WRANGLER Group Health Research Institute

PHONE 360-447-8773 | 206-287-2078 E-MAIL pardee.r@ghc.org www.grouphealthresearch.org -----Original Message----- From: Data _null_; [mailto:iebupdte@gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:56 PM To: Pardee, Roy Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: Anybody got a %commify macro?

You mention variable names do you also need to be sure the variables exist. Do you need to process "SAS Variables Lists"

a1-a10 _NUMERIC_ startvar--endvar

??

On 2/22/12, Pardee, Roy <pardee.r@ghc.org> wrote: > I need a macro that will insert commas between the words of a string. > Before I set about writing that, I thought I'd ask if anybody on this > list has one already they're willing to share? Googling has not availed me. > > I want to be able to say, e.g., > > %let my_var = %commify(bibbity bobbity boo) ; > > And have &my_var = bibbity, bobbity, boo. > > Input will be individual variable names, if that helps. > > Anybody got something like that handy? > > Thanks! > > -Roy > > Roy Pardee | DATA WRANGLER > Group Health Research Institute > > PHONE 360-447-8773 | 206-287-2078 > E-MAIL pardee.r@ghc.org > www.grouphealthresearch.org > > GHC Confidentiality Statement > > This message and any attached files might contain confidential > information protected by federal and state law. The information is > intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities originally > named as addressees. The improper disclosure of such information may > be subject to civil or criminal penalties. If this message reached you > in error, please contact the sender and destroy this message. > Disclosing, copying, forwarding, or distributing the information by > unauthorized individuals or entities is strictly prohibited by law. >