Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Mar 2012 06:45:11 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Marso <david.marso@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: question

Typically my brain processes region as living location. Region as a within subject variable therefore is an alien concept. I contend that Joost needs to better explain what his/her data are if anyone is likely to be of help aside from making ESPeculations!

Maguin, Eugene wrote > > Joost, > > It may be just how you named your variables and my assumption that > 'subjects' are persons but I'm having difficulty understanding how you > have a repeated measures design. I don't understand what is repeated. Is > var1, var2 and var3 the repeated element within a region or is region1, > region2, etc the repeated element for var1. Perhaps somebody else > understands this better than I do. > > Gene Maguin > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@.UGA] On Behalf Of joost > Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:29 AM > To: SPSSX-L@.UGA > Subject: question > > Hi, > > my SPSS-file consists of rows and columns (obviously). every row is a > subject and every column is a variable. my subjects can be divided in 2 > groups. i have 3 variables that belong to a "region" such that my table > looks like: > > region1_var1 region1_var2 region1_var3 region2_var1 region2_var2 > ...etc. > subject1 > subject2 > subject3 > . > . > . > etc. > > i thus have a between-subjects factor: group and (i think) 1 > within-subjects > factor: region. > > i would like to do a test that tests whether there is an effect of region > for my 2 groups. this test -if significant- may allow me to > 'post-hoc'-assess the regions separately. can this be done using the > Repeated Measures analysis under the General Linear Model? > > thanks, > -joost > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@.UGA (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@.UGA (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD >

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.