Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2012 05:35:10 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Wright <coxspss@cox.net>
Subject:      Re: change case on variable labels
Comments: To: bruce.weaver@hotmail.com, "Lemon, John" <j.s.lemon@abdn.ac.uk>

Thanks Bruce & John. After I saw your post I saw that the solution was staring me in the face. I have the original syntax for this spss file so it was easy as you suggested to simply pull in the variable names in Word & make the case change. It's not necessary for our spss users and is a small pain to make the change but for our non-spss users & reporting services which use our oracle databases we have to upload our spss files to the database which we do via syntax (using the syntax from the export database wizard) and this normally goes smoothly. But for our larger files we need to do bulk inserts (otherwise it would take hours for the load). In both the MS sql server & oracle server environments, this requires us to export the spss file as a csv which is then uploaded via a format file on the sql side for bulk inserting. On the MS sql server side, mixed case variable names are not a problem but on the oracle side the batch utility our dba uses requires upper case. Thanks again for your help as always...