Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:47:41 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Masoud Pajoh <mpajoh@ODOT.ORG>
Subject:      Re: macro question
Comments: To: Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM>

Thanks, that worked.

Masoud

Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 03/06/2012 02:45 PM Please respond to Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM>

To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject Re: macro question

You need two pairs of double quotes in the find bit: %let cmd=tasklist | find ""&ThisProg."";

Then just one pair of double quotes in the file statement, leave off the ' which is of no help. " something ""stuff"" something " is translated to [something "stuff" something].

-Joe

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Masoud Pajoh <mpajoh@odot.org> wrote:

> %macro test( ThisProg ); > %let cmd=tasklist | find "&ThisProg."; > file fname pipe "'&cmd.'"; > %mend test; > %test( xx ); > > how can I make the macro generate: > > filename fname pipe 'tasklist | find "xx"'; > > Thanks, > > Masoud >

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.