Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:12:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nat Wooding <nathani@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: SAS Before SAS Institute
Comments: To: F J Kelley <jkelley@UGA.EDU>

Joe

You got it, the bicentennial.

Nat

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of F J Kelley Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 7:16 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Before SAS Institute

your memory serves you well, Nat. Red, white and blue (the Bicentennial?). And yes, TS222 did have a good deal of useful stuff in it. Of course, there was the beloved SLUG.

________________________________________ From: SAS(r) Discussion [SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of Nat Wooding [nathani@VERIZON.NET] Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:54 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SAS-L] SAS Before SAS Institute

Speaking of the old brown TS manuals, as I recall, there are a few bits and pieces that are only documented in TS 222 which, if my memory hasn't failed, described what was new in V6.

The SAS 76 manual had a blue cover and red and white lettering.

Nat

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Burton Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:21 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS Before SAS Institute

Joe,

I thought the subscriptions were tailored according to the SAS products onsite. I remember the multitudes of brown stiff paper cover technical supplements. I think I have a few of those in a box somewhere.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM, F J Kelley <jkelley@uga.edu> wrote: > In those years, it was great. Of course we ended up with manuals for > products and operating systems we did not have. And then there were > the printed TS manuals. I think we stopped it somewhere in V6

-- "be seeing you", Ray Burton Richmond VA