Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2012, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:41:41 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Keintz, H. Mark" <mkeintz@WHARTON.UPENN.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Friday Humour.
Comments: To: Nat Wooding <nathani@VERIZON.NET>

True, a real SAS programmer would use a data step. But that is soooo last century.

In the new world of vertically integrated SAS packages, we really should be thinking about the object-driven, gui-oriented, macro language generator

SAS/Illuminate Studio

For the more reflective [;>}] among us, it would possess the imponderable mystery of generating light through application of the densest possible code.

Regards, Mark

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Nat Wooding Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:37 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Friday Humour.

A real SAS programmer does it in a data step, probably using Peek and Poke.

Then there is the old undocumented Proc

Proc BulbChange in = oldbulb out = newbulb;

Nat

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of S øren Lassen Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:28 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Friday Humour.

Rick,

As I stated long ago in this forum, it just takes one SAS programmer to change a light bulb. The solution is very simple, really:

Proc unscrew out=old_bulb; run;

Proc screw in=new_bulb; run;

But of course you have to have a license for SAS/LIGHT.

Regards, Søren