Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 26 Jan 1996 01:57:56 GMT
Sender:   REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Mike j DeSanto <desantom@IO.COM>
Subject:   Timed pause in REXX

I need a Rexx command to pause a program for a given number of seconds. Now, I can use time("R") and Time("E") with an infinite loop, like this.

call time("R") Do While Time("E") < target NOP End

However, this crushes my system resources. Is there any kind of command to say 'let everything else go for x seconds'? It is annoying that waiting takes more resources than playing WAV files.

By the way, I am writing a program to run Interactive Entertainment magazine. I am using OS/2 Warp and VX-REXX.

Please reply if you know how to do this, it is bugging the hexk out of me.

-- The Big D desantom@io.com It doesn't have to work right, It just has to work!