Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Feb 1996 11:58:46 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Ioannis C. Dimakos" <idimakos@MAILBOX.SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Pretty reports -- SAS/Unix
Comments: To: Karsten Self <karsten@newage1.stanford.edu>

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Self <karsten@NEWAGE1.STANFORD.EDU> writes:

Karsten> I'd be interested in hearing war stories generating Karsten> pretty reports (formatted, typeset quality) utilizing SAS Karsten> and additional tools, in a Unix environment.

In a Unix environment, TeX/LaTeX rule. I use LaTeX heavily and I often incorporate graphics created from SAS/GRAPH and output to a Postscript file. Print it in a 600 or better dpi printer and you get reports of great quality.

What's more, TeX/LaTeX output is device independent and you can view it in a WinDoze, Mac, or some other platform.

Best,

John Dimakos -- Ioannis C. Dimakos Syracuse University, Computing \& Media Services idimakos@syr.edu, http://web.syr.edu/~idimakos