Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Feb 1996 01:34:44 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         r0a@NMDL01.NCOM.NT.GOV.AU
Subject:      Plotting datetime format with truncated axis values.

I am having difficulty in creating an axis which can be used in a gplot where the time variable to be plotted is in DATETIME 19.2 format. Because I am typically plotting a month worth of data, the DATETIMEw.d format is not so useful as it has a minimum length of 7 and the values become very cluttered. I could rotate the values with ... value=angle=90 ............... but this gives me less space for graphing the values. I must retain the datetime value as there are multiple observations over different hours of the day and if I were to convert them do date variables the fine detail of hours etc would be lost. Ideally , the axis would look something like this although the month/year could be put elsewhere in a footnote/title/annotate etc.

Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong way and should be concentrating on creating a format which would allow me to specify something like:

/*Note: macro vars strtdt, enddt, mth already assigned.*/ axis1 order=("&STRTDT.:00:00"dt to "&ENDDT.:23:59"dt by dtday) label="&MTH";

proc gplot data=uuvmst; plot usrcpu*datetime=1 / haxis=axis1 format datetime MYFMT. ;

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers, Rob.. r0a@nmdl01.ncom.nt.gov.au